
I know what you're thinking ...
what does a ski-doo have to do with dinner - well nothing really? This
ski-doo was in
Rachel's back yard & I simply could not resist taking a shot of this one because the sight of it brought back some powerful childhood memories. Actually, what I really wanted was a photo of me sitting on it but I was not sure who the owner was so I had to control my urge.
Ski-doo is a brand of snowmobile and I spent my entire childhood zooming about on these ... through the snow, across frozen lakes, up & down hills inside the forest and of course, behind my house. Here is a true Bubbles moment: only Bubbles can manage to get an Alpine snowmobile stuck in the woods? For those who are unfamiliar with this kind of "stuff", an Alpine is able to drive in both forward, reverse and is quite powerful. I had either
Rachel or Line with me (can't remember which one) when we got stuck in the deep, dark woods (on a thick branch under the machine) behind my house, and my passenger had to walk all the way back to get help. Now that was a trip down memory lane. Perhaps Line or Rachel can refresh my overworked memory - which one of you unlucky girls was on the Alpine at the time?

These are my childhood friends -
Line (left) and Rachel (right). We first met each other just before our teen years and have always kept in contact, regardless of where we were living at the time. I was delighted that Line arranged a trip up North from Welland during my visit and that Rachel was nearby and available to meet up - it was a busy weekend. Line has a special place in my heart because we bonded at a key time in my teen years. Both your childhood home & current home have always given me such a welcoming feeling. We always found such delight in crafts & quality time. You taught me to be at peace with my own company. Rachel & I grew up together - literally - all the way into our mid 20's. I will always remember your surprise trip to Toronto which was such a treat to reconnect with my childhood friend, a rare treat in such a massive city. This picture is truly a joyful moment of looking into the smiling faces of lifelong friends after we laughed and shared stories of the past & present.

We decided to go to
Don Cherry's which is a well-known chain of sports bars in Canada, owned by an ex-NHL hockey player - whose now a commentator during Saturday night games. Strangely, I got rather excited about have my first Canadian brewed beer in almost a year ... so how appropriate that should order an actual CANADIAN beer since that was the first brand that popped into my head, while under pressure to decide - cuz there are SO many choices. It was a satisfying choice & I recorded the moment of 2 Canadians reuniting.

Then I just HAD to take immediate ... now I'm talking emergency ACTION to permanently solve my craving for good old fashioned chicken wings. Above is another reunion - me and my spicy, hot, extra crispy chicken wings.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home