< >

Monday, June 19, 2006

Randip's Henna Party: Some Group Shots

We all met at Randip's place - Rayan was whisked away with the boys and was not to see Randip till the wedding. The evening was a casual night of pleasant conversation with colleagues, family and close friends. Above is Lacra, Marta and Evelyn.Here I am with Rayan's sister Lillian and sister-in-law Alyssa - it was during a short heatwave so we were lounging around near the fan and just trying to keep cool.
First, we had a few drinks, got comfortable, chatted with everyone and then ... the delicious buffet began. Our taste buds were treated to a delectable selection of authentic Indian food, thanks to Randip's Mom who worked hard all day. It was spicy, with a bite (perfect for me) and savoury on so many levels, I just could not control the urge to return for seconds. I might like to mention that, despite the heat wave, I did return for the spiciest item on the menu - nothing will stop me :)
We got cozy around the living room and into the mood. In the background was Indian music - which was full of distracting tempos and upbeat sounds that stimulate you to an alert state-of-mind. I have since downloaded some of this music online - my favourite being Panjabi MC - Mundian To Bach Ke, a popular song which I first heard in the clubs of London during the hen weekend and fell in love with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home