< >

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Dinner with Fontaine & Lori @ Jack Astor's


This brings me to my last night in Canada and, sadly, my final dinner with friends. Above is Fontaine (left) and Lori (right). I had the first couple of hours alone with Fontaine before Lori joined. We talked about the gang from the Hilton, her new job & checked a bit of the Leafs game WHICH WAS AWESOME!!!! This is an interesting observation that some of you might find truly shocking - Fontaine is the only person I know who can actually speak FASTER than ME - hard to believe I know, but it is TRUE! Fontaine is one of the few people I remember who is always in high spirits and it shines in her voice. She just radiates with positive energy and is capable of seeing the positive side to everyone and everything. If we think about the variety of friends we have established over the years, Fontaine is in a category of her own. We had an awesome time in Acapulco, Mexico (with Anita)-> every night a different dance bar and we never got tired of dancing and how we laughed!!!! We have always kept in touch without allowing the distance to take its toll on our friendship - only true dedication to a friend can keep such a friendship alive. This picture is a reminder to ALL that, under NO circumstances, must we EVER be allowed to order our dessert before our main meal. But I was taunted and teased in the worse way imaginable when I saw the dessert menu on the table that I lost all self control and proper "adult" reasoning. Cheesecake is my ALL TIME favourite dessert that I just happen to be SERIOUSLY craving (since it is difficult to find in Holland). So this was my FINAL opportunity to permanently kill this craving otherwise my flight home would have been torturous with tormenting dreams of cheesecake calling out to me ... worse running from me. So this is ME being reintroduced to a DELICIOUS piece of maple, pecan cheesecake - oh so rich and ohhhh so sweet that I was unable to finish it. DONE - took care of THAT business!This is Lori - my first roommate in Toronto who taught me how to adapt in such a big, bad, busy city. Lori has more energy than 10 Bubbles' put together ... NO wait, make that 20 Bubbles'. She is truly one of the most entertaining people I have ever met that can make anyone laugh with her silliness. She is also quite creative and can turn a simple party into a memorable one with the wave of her hand. Every friend is responsible for some lesson or experience and Lori taught me how to just go out, be myself and never EVER give a darn what anyone thinks about ya. She taught me to be confident and to enjoy life with good, old-fashioned humour and never look back.

The end of the night was approaching and we noticed the restaurant was completely empty except for us which was our hint to say goodbye to each other. After hugging both Lori & Fontaine I sadly walked alone to my car and later felt a big smile on my face as I remembered the laughs I had with the girls.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a peacan pie i ca see on your plate missy??? and why did i got get one too.....

04 May, 2006 11:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home